In the Classroom
The Foundation offers a variety of programs to teach students, our future voters and leaders, and young professionals about water.
- Our yearlong Water Leaders program identifies up-and-coming community leaders from diverse backgrounds, including members of minority and ethnic communities, and educates them about water issues.
- The Foundation serves as the California coordinator for Project WET (Water Education for Teachers), an international K-12 program designed for formal and non-formal educators.
- Students in grades K-14 learn about the history, geography and science of water, and the difficult decisions surrounding this complex issue. All Foundation classroom materials are consistent with the standards of the California State Frameworks for Science and History/Social Science and are designed to correlate with grade-level teaching requirements.
2017 Water Leaders
- Richard Aragon, Director of Finance/Treasurer, Rancho California Water District
- Arturo Barajas Jr., Legislative Aide, California State Assemblymember Dr.
Subscribe to Aquafornia
Get emails each morning with the day's top water news
Keep informed of our upcoming events/tours
Sign up here for Foundation news delivered to your inbox!